Brook House FC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice explains why and how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us; or before, during and after your participation in a Club activity.
References to “Club”, “we”, “our” or “us” within this privacy notice relate to Brook House FC.
This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection and what your rights are.
The Club is the Data Controller for any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership or the participation in an activity; and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
If you have any queries regarding this policy or the data collected, please contact the Club by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect:
You may provide us with information about yourself by completing forms, corresponding with us by phone, email, social media platforms, and messaging services or otherwise.
This information may also relate to a child (a person under the age of 18 years old) joining as a member/player or taking part in a club activity.
The information we collect may include:
- Personal Contact Details – Name; Title; Date of Birth; Gender; Home Address; Postcode; Telephone Numbers; Email Addresses; Proof of Identity; Parent/Guardian Information; Emergency Contact Information; School Attended, School Year Group.
- We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
- We may take suitable photos during matches / training / events.
- Website usage information may be collected using cookies.
- As part of the club registration process we will collect your consent and preferences on how we use your information.
- Although subject to a separate policy; we collect information from those who voluntary perform particular roles within the club.
- Depending upon the role, volunteers may be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service check through the Football Association.
Special Categories of Personal Information
We request details of a playing members Doctor; and any relevant medical conditions.
This information is required to assist us in providing safe sessions and where practicable, facilitate a member’s participation in sport and any Club activity.
Non-Member Personal Data
On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members.
A non-member may be a participant who fills in a registration form prior to their participation in a Club activity such as any number of taster sessions, a trial period, any number of training sessions, our MiniDuck sessions, holiday courses.
This information will be obtained with consent and unless requested earlier; stored for no more than 1 year when it will be destroyed securely.
We will always need explicit consent from non-members to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
Why we need your personal data:
The reason we need your Personal Data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the Club; or to accommodate your participation in a Club activity.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member or participant, to provide the services you are registering for.
We will use your information:
For Membership and Club Management
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- to be able to deal with emergencies (including medical);
- sharing data with members to provide information about club activities, invitation to social events; membership renewals;
- to keep in contact with you about Club matters which may be via various types of communication methods including emails, phone calls, text messages and messaging apps such as Teamer; WhatsApp etc. (Also see section regarding social media).
- club newsletter promoting club activity, information relevant to club policies/procedures; fundraising; Club kit/merchandise; promotions and offers from sponsors;
- publishing of match reports, score lines and team sheets.
For training and competition entry:
- sharing personal data with Club Managers/Coaches and/or Officials to administer training sessions;
- sharing personal data with Club Managers/Coaches and/or Officials to administer matches against other Clubs/Teams;
- sharing personal data with Club Managers/Coaches and/or Officials to administer entry into events;
- sharing personal data with facility providers to manage access to their site or check delivery standards; and
- sharing personal data with the national Football Association (FA): the county Football Association (Berks and Bucks); Football Leagues: and other competition providers for entry and/or participation in events.
For funding and reporting purposes:
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as a condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends; and
- sending an annual club survey to improve your experience as a club member.
There may be occasions where we use your information which are required by law:
- we may maintain records such as health and safety records and accounting records in order to meet specific legal requirements;
- we ensure, where you will work with children, that you have undergone an appropriate DBS check – this is also carried out with your consent.
- we may respond to requests by government, the Football Association or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We will not:
- correspond directly with a child (a person Under the age of 18) unless express permission has been granted by the parent/guardian i.e. match officials etc
- intentionally share your information with other companies or third parties for marketing purposes;
- use your information for purposes other than those outlined above.
How long do we keep your Data:
- We will keep your data as long as you are a member of the club.
- We will aim to remove your information from our records within 1 year of your membership expiring or de-registering from the club – however, this may not always be possible.
- We will review our membership database and other records before the start of each new season to ensure that all information is up to date.
- Information will be removed for members who have left the club within 1 year.
- We will, however, keep results and match reports from previous seasons on our website.
Storage of your Data
We may use a third-party company to host personal details we collect.
We limit access to your data just to those club officials and managers who that need it to perform the activities outlined. For example, managers and our trained first-aiders are provided access to player medical and emergency contact information. We remove this access if they no longer need this to carry out their role.
We will use Google Forms for our 2018/19 membership applications and Google Drive for our Membership Database. Follow this link to their privacy notice:
We may use dropbox to store copies of membership forms that members enter into with the club. Follow this link to their privacy notice:
The FA Whole Game System and Online Player Registration System
As a Club, we have access to The FA “Whole Game System” for our FA Affiliation process; Charter Standard management and Club administration.
We use the system for the registering of Club and Team League entries; efficient club discipline management and recording; and the monitoring of volunteer training needs.
The FA recently introduced the online player registration functionality into its Whole Game System (WGS).
From the start of the Season 2018/19, all players involved with Brook House FC within the Under 10 age group and above will be registered on this system.
The system securely creates a lasting history for each player during their participation in football and is updated annually.
Each parent will be provided with a document entitled The FA “Whole Game System Player Registration” containing further details and how this system will operate.
The FA has its own Privacy Notice which can be found at:
Please check this policy before you submit any personal data.
Your rights regarding your personal data:
Access & Portability
You have the right at any time to request access to your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us by emailing:
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club.
If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.
Rectification & Erasure
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
You can request rectification or erasure of your personal data at any time by emailing: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer that we may use to collect standard internet log information and website visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track the use of our website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
Social Media and Messaging Platforms
The Club may us social media and messaging platforms Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; WhatsApp.
All members are free to join these pages.
Please note that the provider of the social media and messaging platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Brook House FC have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
We will also communicate changes to our members.